Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting the .NET framework setting for <compilation debug="true">

In my web.config I have the standard element;

<compilation debug="true" defaultLanguage="c#">

I know I could use [Conditional("DEBUG")] on methods, or use some pre-compiler if statement like #if DEBUG, but what I am looking for is the built-in .NET framework setting that lets me know if the setting for debug in the compilation section.

I've seen it done before but can't find it or remember it.

Duplicate - Programmatically access the <compilation /> section of a web.config?

  • HttpContext.Current.IsDebuggingEnabled (posted by Jason Diamond) was what I was looking for.

    Thanks for your help Marc!

    Marc Gravell : You might want to close the question, then. And maybe chuck Jason a +1 ;-p
    Dead account : How do I close a question? (Sorry - bit of a noob)

0 comments:

Post a Comment