Monday, January 24, 2011

Plesk hosting on MediaTemple DV

Hi there,

We have a MediaTemple dedicated virtual running Plesk. The problem we're having is that changing the permissions of files on the server to be writable by server owner (apache) is conflicting with the ability to upload and overwrite files via the FTP user.

Here's an example, I upload a file from user "serverftp" and they own the new file in the httpdocs folder. I then change the permission of an image upload folder to the apache user to that I can upload images via a PHP script. Uploading or changing that folder with the serverftp user is then locked out.

Speaking to tech support didn't get very far because there are some strange group permissions going on and it would involve me adding every single domain FTP user to the pcantl group or something similar.

I'm wondering how I can easily change things so that I don't have this problem anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment