Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Importing RSS items into Facebook

I want to import my (Wordpress-based) blog entries into my Facebook account to share them with my FB friends.

FB already has a built-in function to create Notes based on RSS items. The problem is that it's not automatically refreshing for me, ever. Even though FB claims that it was refreshed on a recent date/time, I don't get new Notes unless I go in and manually trigger a refresh. That's a pain.

So, I'd like to know what the best way to get my content into FB is. Is there some trick to making the built-in FB importer work properly? Or are there better 3rd-party tools that I could use and avoid the headache?

  • Not sure if it will work for you but I just found an app on Facebook called RSS Graffiti which lets you do pretty much what you asked above. I'm using it for a Fan page wall and my Classified ads based Wordpress site. Now my users post an ad on my site and they get double the exposure.

    Craig Walker : Sounds like exactly what I want; I'll give it a try as soon as I can.
  • You can import them as Facebook notes

    http://www.facebook.com/editnotes.php?import

    Craig Walker : I mentioned FB's Notes import, and why it's not working, in the body of my question.

0 comments:

Post a Comment