Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Google Tasks - Hide completed tasks, don't delete them

I have about 10 unfinished and 10 completed tasks in my Google Task list.

To mark a task as 'done', I click on a checkbox, this puts a strikethrough through the task. This still leaves the a cluttered list of tasks in my task list.

My other choice is to purge all tasks in my task list, using "Actions: Clear Completed Tasks". However, this deletes all of my tasks. I'd like to keep the task list around, for posterity.

Is there a way to hide my completed tasks from view, without deleting them?

  • I think it is not possible to just hide tasks. Your options are either strike through or delete.

    Al Everett : Not currently possible.
  • You could just move them to their own list.

    Stefan Lasiewski : And this is what I did. I created a second list called "Completed Tasks", and I moved any completed tasks to that list. It's a kunky solution which requires many clicks, but it's what I'll do for now.
    Stefan Lasiewski : After this, @Herb Caudill pointed out that Google Tasks offers a "Completed Tasks" view. However, it's a little bit hidden when you are using Google Mail or Google Calendar.
    From 3rdparty
  • Actually, marking a task as complete doesn't delete it, even after you choose "clear completed tasks". You can always view completed tasks. In the console view ( https://mail.google.com/tasks/a/yourdomain.com/canvas ) just choose the "Completed tasks" view. In Gmail or Gcal, you can choose "Actions/View Completed Tasks".

    Stefan Lasiewski : @Herb : That's great. I had no idea that I could access tasks outside of Gmail/Gcal. This works for my work's Google Apps hosted account. It also works for my regular (non-hosted) gmail/gcal account. It's viewable at https://mail.google.com/tasks/canvas

0 comments:

Post a Comment