Friday, January 21, 2011

Cannot print from network printer while on terminal server

I have two (local) network printers - HP PSC 750xi & Samsung ML-1710. While connected to the remote Terminal Server I am able to print on the HP. However, when I try to print on the Samsung, the printer activates as if it's going to print and then does nothing. Anyone know what I need to do in order to print on the Samsung? Thanks.

EDIT:

The terminal server does have the appropriate drivers for both printers -- in the case of the Samsung it is the "Samsung Unified Print Driver."

When I print, the printer queue takes the target document and moments later removes it as if it was successfully printed. When I check the event viewer (of the TS) there is a notice that states:

"Document owned by Dan was printed on Samsung Universal Print Driver in session 1 via port TS001."

But unfortunately, the printer does not actually print any document.

  • Ensure the correct drivers are installed on the Terminal Services Server.

    Dave M : +1 This is usually the issue
    Dan : The correct drivers are installed on the TS. I've edited my original post with more information -- please see above.
  • If your Samsung installed as network printer on client (local printer with TCP/IP or other network port assigned for printing) - try to implement changes in Windows client registry to force ALL client ports redirect to terminal session as described here

    From Sergey

0 comments:

Post a Comment