Monday, April 11, 2011

Using SVN Team integration in Eclipse disables access from terminal

I'm using Eclipse with Subversive SVN Team Provider 0.7.0.v20080425 as well as the latest update of Subversion installed on OSX 10.5.6.

My problem is that whenever I add a project folder to Eclipse enabling the Team integration it disables the SVN functionality from within the terminal throwing me the following error message :

svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get a newer Subversion client

Even if I first checkout a project via the terminal with OSX SVN client and thereafter creates a project upon the folder Eclipse seem to overwrite the settings.

It's quite painful as I have more control over the tasks thanks to the terminal and in the same time Eclipses integration is quite nice for simple actions as quick commits, adding files, etc.

Anybody a clue how to make it possible to work with both ? (i.e. How to stop Eclipse changing the required SVN version or making them work with the same version)

From stackoverflow
  • Your version of Subversive uses a newer working copy layout that comes with Subversion 1.5. Either upgrade the version of svn you're using on the command-line (I prefer MacPorts) or use an older version of Subversive that uses the 1.4-era working copy layout.

    P.S. I find that Subclipse plays nicer with other tools than Subversive. YMMV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment