Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Uploading Rails Apps with MediaTemple

Any recommendations of a recent tutorial, or guide, on uploading Rails applications to a (gs) rails container?

I've followed a couple tutorials already, both of which haven't worked.

From stackoverflow
  • I used the mt-capistrano gem (from MT) and used this tutorial. It worked just fine for me.

    Clayton Bellmor : That's fairly out of date though. I've already had loads of difficulty implementing that method. Are you using the latest versions of rails, capistrano, etc?
    Bill : I'm using Rails 2.1 and Capistrano 2.5 with no difficulties. I still have to roll my db:migrate(s) manually b/c of some $PATH issues, but I like to see whats going on with my production server anyways.
  • I wrote a how-to a long time ago that someone (apparently) fixed up and got working. I was notified about the post with a pingback not very long ago. Perhaps it will help you get started:

    http://websitesyoucanedit.com/?p=102

  • Do you know if MediaTemple supports Passenger?

0 comments:

Post a Comment