Sunday, April 17, 2011

How many SLOCs are you managing in your current work?

Right now I'm directly responsible for around 120k of Java code, about 3/5 is written using GWT. I can trace any functionality to a source file in less than 1min/30 secs. I have 3 years of professional experience and an academic degree.

I was wondering what is the average of SLOCs that an average developer is directly responsible for (I'm not interested in management positions). I'm guessing that it has to do with the job but also with other factors like cultural factors or type of application.

From stackoverflow
  • Around 300000 SLOC, in mostly C++, but also Objective-C, Perl and some .NET thrown in just to spice it up.

    This degree of responsibility stems somewhat from years of experience, but mostly the culture of our company, where we have relatively few engineers but all are very capable.

  • I'm constantly refactoring so that the SLOC count actually gets smaller while doing more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment