Sunday, April 3, 2011

FTP and EC2

I've got my EC2 instance up and running and installed vsftpd with yum install vsftpd. Now I've started the service.

But unfortunately it seems like the guides end at this point.

How do I actually use my ftp client to log into the ftp server?

What do I input server url, username, password, and all that?

Thanks in advance.

From stackoverflow
  • You just need the same credentials you use to log into a command line on the EC2 instance - the host name or IP address, plus the username (usually root) and the SSH keypair that you used when you created the instance.

    Then you'll be able to connect with any client that supports SFTP (e.g. CyberDuck on Mac, WinSCP on Windows)

    gareth_bowles : Yes, the host name is the public DNS name from ElasticFox. The SSH key you need is the file that ElasticFox asks for when you click the "Connect to Instance" button.

0 comments:

Post a Comment