Monday, April 25, 2011

Bigger font in IE - fine in FF

On this page: http://catonthecouchproductions.com/fish/fishing-trips.html in IE the font is much larger and is cutting off the page. I have a simple:

<!--[if IE 7]>
<style type="text/css" media="all">.borderitem {
border-style:solid;
}
p.trip-includes-text,ul li{
font-size:10px;
}
p.about-text{
font-size:11px;
}
</style>
<![endif]-->

If conditional to change the font but I cant get it to change. As well as the includes box on the bottom left, it is being cut out. I tried googleing this issue but the articles I found didnt help.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks,

Ryan

From stackoverflow
  • It's not the font, it's the size of the box that contains the text that IE has changed. I've had this before and making the box bigger (with margins or padding) makes it work ok.

    Coughlin : But the font looks much larger than in FF, how is it not the font? If so thats strange, haha.
    Ian Devlin : Hmm ok, which version of IE are you using? I compared both FF and IE 7 and the font looked the same size to me, but I did see the text going outside of the box, hence I thought of the issue I had.
    Coughlin : Im in IE 7.0. Ryan

0 comments:

Post a Comment