Thursday, April 28, 2011

Anyone know where I can download a zipped Python distribution?

Yeah, kind of random, but I was wondering if anyone could link me to a .zip file containing a Python distribution. I know I could download the installer, so please don't suggest that. :P.

From stackoverflow
  • I didn't exactly understand what you want. Is Portable Python enough for you? If it isn't, check Python's official download website where you have a lot of options - including compressed source tarballs. You can downlod the tarballs, extract and create a zip file.

  • Can you use the official Source Distribution of Python? It is not zipped, but you can unpack the whole thing in one line of Python.

    import tarfile; tarfile.open('Python-3.1.1.tar.bz2').extractall()
    
    S.Mark : Nice! but Its like CD Driver is in CD
    Andrew : I guess that'll work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment