Thursday, March 31, 2011

Copying file from PC to VPC?

I'm running VPC 2007 and the OS is windows 3.1 I need to copy a C++ compiler from my real computer to the virtual one. How do I do this, it doesn't seem to read the .iso that I made. I don't have a floppy drive since I'm using a laptop.

From stackoverflow
  • You can drag files from your PC and drop them on the VPC. Windows 3.1 supported drag & drop, so (in principle) this should work.

    Lucas McCoy : WOW I did not know that! Thanks a lot +16!
    Michael Burr : Does VPC provide "Guest Additions" (the drivers that support things like drag-n-drop from host to guest) for Win 3.1? I didn't think they did (or they dropped it at some point over the last couple years).
  • In VPC 2007, click on the yellow folder in the lower left hand corner of the frame around your guest OS. This will let you map a folder on the host to a drive letter on the guest. Then in the guest you can access the mapped drive as if it were a network drive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment