Thursday, February 10, 2011

script.aculo.us autocomplete stuck behind input elements

I've got several script.aculo.us Ajax.Autocomplete controls on a page and when the drop down div is rendered it's always stuck behind the other text boxes on the page, no matter what I do with zIndex and positioning. The problem occurs in IE and FF. Anyone else run into this? Am I missing something, or is this just life with this control?

  • Well, in my attempt to strip everything down to the basics to post an example, I actually managed to fix it. Two part solution. Firstly, I had to ditch all the z-index definitions in my controls. They were part of the problem. Secondly, I had to go into the show function of the autocomplete control and add: "update.style.zIndex = 1000;" to the function. My autocomplete drop down divs are now above the controls as needed. Perhaps there's another way I could have done things to avoid modifying the script.aculo.us code, but I'm just happy it's working.

0 comments:

Post a Comment