Thursday, February 10, 2011

How to get all changes with an svn update, using TortoiseSVN

Hi,

TortoiseSVN seems to fail to update my working copy when I issue an update command. If I do an update to revision and make sure that fully recursive is selected, then it picks up the changes. Additionally, when I checked out the copy from SVN, fully recursive was selected.

How can I get a normal update to pickup all of the changes?

  • By default, subversion will not clobber your local changes when you do a normal update -- that is by design. With tortoiseSVN, the best thing to do is "check for modifications" before or after an update. If you don't want your changes, you can do a "revert" before or after the update.

  • Looks like it was due to the bug with 1.6.2 - Upgrading to 1.6.3 seems to have fixed the issue.

    From Jim Geurts

0 comments:

Post a Comment