Tuesday, January 11, 2011

External monitor with NO mouse cursor

I am using a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L7310 laptop computer with an external monitor. I'm wishihg to use version 10.04.

The problem is, when I plug my laptop into the external monitor with my laptop screen turned either on or off, I do not see the mouse cursor on the external monitor! The mouse cursor is still there, although invisible. If I connect the external monitor to my laptop before swithing both on, the same happens.

Is there any solution to make the cursor appear on the monitor?

  • @Others: The graphics chipset in this is the UniChrome Pro IGP.

    @Csaba: As a workaround, can you press Control+Alt+F1 (this should switch you to a terminal) and then press Control+Alt+F7 to switch back to the X session. I've seen a couple of reports that say this gets the mouse back.

    I've also seen that Control+Alt+Left then Control+Alt+Right (should switch virtual desktops if you have more than one) fixes it for some people.

    Csaba Nyerges : Thanks for the hint! Unfortunatley the keyboard combination does not work, I am still facing the problem. No mouse cursor on the external monitor while it appears on the laptop's. Is there any other solution to try?
    From Oli

0 comments:

Post a Comment