Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cannot connect to FTP 7 server other than via localhost.

I've just built an FTP site using the FTP 7 package on Windows Server 2008. I've configured it to use IIS Manager Authentication following this article. When at the console of the Windows Server 2008 machine, I can FTP to localhost, login using an account I created in the IIS Management tool, and get to a user isolated directory. When I try to connect to the FTP site from any other computer, whether it is on the local network (trying ftp 10.1.10.2) or from a public computer (trying ftp ), I cannot even get to a login prompt. Instead I get "ftp: connect :Connection timed out". What might I need to configure on the FTP server so that at least a machine on the local network with no routers in between the client and server can connect?

  • Sounds like a firewall problem to me. Is windows firewall running on the machine?

0 comments:

Post a Comment