Friday, January 21, 2011

Access Denied with System Account in Central Admin

Hi,

I have installed Sharepoint 2007 with Complete/Server Farm settings. When I supplied the credentials for the account in the configuration wizard (installer), I supplied another loal account (the name of the account) and the password. This is an admin account on the OS/Windows Server 2008, and is labelled as System Account in Sharepoint Central Admin.

I specified just the name of the account as it is local. Is this perhaps the cause of the error?

When I go Operations > Servers in Farm (in Topology) and select the current server, I get an access denied error (I am doing the admin tasks once the server is setup).

How can I resolve this? Do I need to setup AD?

Thanks

  • I think the account for Central Admin has to be the same as the farm account - check IIS and see what account is assigned to the application pool? If this is a dev machine, you do not need to setup AD and can use the same admin account for everything.

    blade : Hi, Sharepoint Central Admin has WIN-H54AGVCYSVK\SPAccount and OfficeServerApplicationPool has NetworkService (the other 2 pools are defaultAppPool and Classic .NET AppPool).
    blade : I tried making the Sharepoint Central Admin account NetworkService but when I went into Central Admin I got an IIS error (couldn't read config file).
    IrishChieftain : Add the correct account (system) to the Central Admin application pool, recycle and try again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment