Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sending form without mail client

Hi,everubody! can you help me with my trouble? I'm trying to create form for filling resume. User should not use mail client to submit form. How can I realize this idea on javascript or PHP?

  • If the form as a file upload... You can just upload the cv to the webserver and then use your application to send an Email using your account.

    From Sergio
  • First: You need a server based script. Without any server interaction, no mail can be sent.

    PHP has a mail() function and it works very well, if your server administrator enabled it. Very simple example:

    <?php
    // The message
    $message = "Line 1\nLine 2\nLine 3";
    
    // In case any of our lines are larger than 70 characters, we should use wordwrap()
    $message = wordwrap($message, 70);
    
    // Send
    mail('caffeinated@example.com', 'My Subject', $message);
    ?>
    

    If mail() is disabled, you need to connect a SMTP server with correct credentials and then you can send mails via this connection. This function is implemented in the emailer module of phpBB2 e.g.

    Good luck!

    From furtelwart
  • Thanks, guys! You showed me right road to get out of my problem!

0 comments:

Post a Comment